Saint Louis University’s pre-physician assistant scholars program allows highly-qualified
undergraduate students earn a guaranteed spot in SLU’s physician assistant program
To apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have completed or are completing the second semester of your sophomore year at SLU.
- A minimum 3.3 overall GPA with at least a 3.3 science GPA.
60 completed college credit hours with at least 30 of those hours completed at SLU,
including at least four of the core science requirements. Please note: all of prerequisite
courses for the PA program must be taken at SLU.
- At least 100 hours of health care experience; competitive candidates will have paid
work experience providing direct patient care.
- Be on track to earn at least 500 hours of health care experience by the end of your
One to four qualified candidates are accepted into the program each year.
- May 1: Deadline for sophomores to request an application. Contact Helen McCormack
at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-977-8648.
- Aug. 1 : Deadline to submit your completed application.
- Early fall: Qualified applicants will be asked to interview.
- October: Applicants will be notified of their status in the program.
Curriculum and Program Details
As a pre-PA scholar, you will take courses in biology, chemistry, statistics, human
anatomy, human physiology, anatomy and physiology, microbiology, genetics and medical
DCHS Pre-PA Tracks